Was born in Krasnoyarsk; in 1992 graduated from Krasnoyarsk Ballet School. In the same year, joined Boris Eifman Ballet Theatre as a soloist.
As the best dancer of St. Petersburg, Vera Arbuzova is twice the winner of the Zolotoy Sofit, the city’s highest award in performing arts: in 1997 for starring as the Ballerina in Eifman’s Red Giselle, in 2003 for her role of Linn in Eifman’s Who’s Who. In 2002 she received the title Merited Artist of Russia, in 2005 won the The Soul of Dance award.
In Eifman’s Theater she performed the parts of Nadezhda Von Mekk (Chaikovsky), Grushenka (The Karamazovs), Anna (Anna Karenina), Dream (Illusion), the Woman (Requiem), Fairy (Pinocchio), Mercedes, Doctor (Don Quixote, or Fantasies of a Madman), the Empress (Russian Hamlet), Armanda, Donna Anna (Don Juan and Molière) and others.
In 2008-11 performed as a lead dancer in Mikhailovsky Theater. There she starred in Spartacus, Giselle, Laurencia, Nutcracker, The Moor’s Pavane, Sonatas in Minor and Nunc Dimittis.
In 2010, Vera Arbuzova made her debut as a choreographer. So far, she has the following to her credit:
– Erasing Angel (music by O. Arnalds)
– Times (music by P. Chaikovsky)
– INSIDE / Behind the Dream (music by A. Pärt, O. Arnalds) (http://krasopera.ru/play/view/inside-pozadi-sna/)
– Russian Cosmos (music by A. Kondakov and V. Volkov)
– The Last Bow (music by D. Shostakovich; staged at Vladimir Vasilyev Choreographic Workshop)
Since 2001, Vera Arbuzova works with Leningrad Center as a choreographer and Concert Programs Director.